Sunday 27 January 2013

Oh shit - I've turned into a Christmas pudding.

I've now been using the "I'm injured" excuse to sit on my arse for the best part of four months. To be fair I actually was injured until early December. But then it was nearly Christmas, and there didn't seem any point in starting again then as I wanted to indulge a little over the holiday period. Eating an entire Terry's chocolate orange and two Asda chocolate yule logs over a three day period was possibly not the best thing to do.

The weather during January has been my latest excuse to do nothing. It's too cold, the roads are icy, the pavements are wet etc, all reasons not to do anything that involved moving more than three metres from the sofa. I have been horribly busy with various uni and work stuff, but not so busy that I couldn't have found a spare 30 minutes three times a week.

Unfortunately all this bad behaviour has now taken its toll. My work trousers are now a little more tight than I would like. This has to stop. Tomorrow I am going to acquire some suitable wet and cold weather clothes and get back to it. Something with go faster stripes on to spur me on to glory.  Aiming for a 10k in the middle of April, and a half in early autumn. The path to athletic excellence continues....




No comments: