Thursday 12 January 2012

Sadly, not this year.

Well, nearly a month has passed since my little fall, so thought it was about time for an update.

Sadly, I do not think that I will be running the Bath Half this year, as my ankle has not healed as well as I had hoped it would, and at present walking remains a bit of a struggle. I have seen a physio a couple of times, who thinks that there is damage to the achilles tendon, which would account for the swelling that is still there. I am very sad at having to admit defeat in this challenge - but I will be doing it next year, even if it means being pushed around in a shopping trolley.

I've not given up though - I'm aiming for one of the autumn half marathons - Cardiff, Bristol or Birmingham, and any recommendations as to which one would be best would be great.

I've noticed that in the last week that my arse has increased in size without the regular exercise, and therefore I have joined weightwatchers before I turn into a lump of wobbliness. So therefore I am currently obsessing over the points value of cottage cheese, and have filled my fridge with fruit and vegetables in anticipation of a much healthier diet. Hopefully weighing a bit less will make running that little bit easier when I resume my training, and will also make my legs a lot less likely to give way from underneath me again.

I saw this and it made me smile:






Thanks for reading.

No comments: