Thursday 10 November 2011

What have I done?

I have been of the lardy arsed persuasion for most of my adult life. I like junk food, and lying in bed all day, and avoiding all strenuous activity. My idea of exercise is stretching out of the window at the local KFC to pick up my drive thru order. The staff at my local greasy spoon know my order without having to ask. I do have a rather nice gym membership, which I managed to use 7 times in the first six months of the year, and not at all during July and August. 

However, it has recently struck me that maybe life is passing me by a little bit. And thanks to my healthcare related uni course, I am becoming increasingly aware that my lifestyle choices are going to have an impact on my long term health if I don't do something more postive soon.

So in a moment of random craziness, I signed up for the Bath Half Marathon. It is on the 11th of March. And at the moment, the only time I run anywhere is when I need to get to McDonalds before they stop serving breakfast. 

This blog is going to be my record of what happened. Whether I make it or not. 

No comments: